View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #97
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Are you sure this is Google's problem? I searched for "breakglass_mode" and didn't get any other results. Usually when no one else is having the problem, it's your problem, not someone elses. Unless that isn't what is causing the actual issue. Just wondering if waiting around for Google to fix it is the best strategy...it could be a long wait.

Have you tried removing the ad frame completely?
Thanks for bumping this. It made me take another look around. The "bad" ads are the ones that are being served inside a safeframe.

Safe frames appear to be inline iframes that expand to display the entire page when clicked. It is "safe" because it doesn't actually redirect the page to another site, but just expands its iframe, and displays the expanded ad there. It acts like a sandbox.

So it looks like, for whatever reason, the ad thinks it has been clicked, and so expands to cover the entire page. The ad itself is only sized for the sidebar, so it appears in the middle of the expanded area. That might be what "breakglass=2" represents - a value of 2 may mean the ad should "break the glass" of the container div and expand.

This is all just hypothetical guesses - I've never worked with any ad server.

Anyways, doing a search on safeframe, I did see this post:

Quote:
5. Forgetting to uncheck ‘Serve into SafeFrame’.
In the ‘Creatives’ settings page, DFP automatically checks “serve in SafeFrame”. Uncheck that! The SafeFrame delivers the ad in an iFrame that is insulated from rest of page.

In some respects ‘Serve into SafeFrame’ is a good thing because it means the ad cannot affect page elements outside of the iFrame. The problem? Many ads may not work because they need to expand out of the size of the original container. Additionally, there may be discrepancies in reporting due to the unpredictable behavior of the ad call-to-page routing in the SafeFrame process.
I don't know if this applies to CP or not, but if there is a checkbox where you can disable "serve into SafeFrame", that might be worth trying.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote