View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 07:26 PM   #333
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Because the lab leak requires the virus to exist.

So it’s either Animal - Human virus exists in nature and doesn’t jump to humans in a meaningful way, is collected by lab, leaks out of lab and does affect humans in meaning file way and scientists cover up the lab leak.

Or

Animal virus exists, virus is enhanced by lab to infect humans better, leaks out of lab, scientists and China cover up the lab leak

Or

Animal to humans jump occurs and infects humans and no animals source is found in the next 18 months.

So in any lab option you need the virus to exist and a failure of controls, in a natural occurrence you only need the virus to exist.

Also Occam’s razor isnt that the simplest solution is most likely it’s the solution which requires the fewest assumptions is most likely and that would include all the aftermath and cover ups.
I don't know whether this virus occurred naturally (and I don't really care, to be honest, as that won't change any actions I take).

But imo if you stipulate that a virus leaked out of a Chinese lab and caused a worldwide pandemic I dont think its an assumption to say the CCP would aggressively cover it up. That's absolutely what they would do.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
GGG