View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 01:27 PM   #54
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
To me, this is the Pride org, holding the CPS to the cultural changes they themselves have said they'd make; but have yet to do so. Sensitivity, bullying, equality reforms, sexism.

Do we not recall, only a few short months ago, the cultural problems the force has?
The resignations of a dozen female officers, rampant abuses, affecting minority/female members.

Has anything changed since? I can only find radio silence, other than a response of "denial" by CPS.
I am typically very skeptical of the police. I think the culture within that organization is extremely problematic, in particular with the abuse you describe. Having said that, I don't see how prohibiting police in uniform, to what is presumably a celebration of inclusiveness, a good idea. It isn't about the organizers having the right to make this decision. It isn't about hurting the police's feelings. It is simply a dumb, counterproductive move in my opinion. They aren't showing up in full riot gear, goose-stepping down Stephen Avenue, for goodness sakes.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote