View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #44
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
They made it attendance conditional, actually. No attending under "institutional representation" unless police officers take THEIR "Diversity and Inclusion training" (The current 3 day course CPS officers already take isn't good enough, apparently...)

And yet, no mention about what the course they want police to take is. Where it is. Who teaches it. If that person is actually an accredited teacher. If the course is actually accredited. Exactly which officers are supposed to take or how they are supposed to find the time and/or money to have 2000 officers taking it...

I am honestly not sure how I feel about this, or how it'll affect my marching in the parade.
From my link above:
Quote:
Calgary Police Services Chief of Police Roger Chaffin, and Deputy Chief of Police Sat Parhar, in addition to the Senior Executive team of Calgary Police Services will engage in formal Diversity and Inclusion training, prior to displaying institutional representation within future Calgary Pride activities.
So that's not all officers, just the top people, right? And it states "prior to displaying institutional representation within future Calgary Pride activities" which to me means, if next year they want to show up in uniform, it would be possible. Or am I missing something?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: