View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 02:32 PM   #615
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
That's a weird thing to hope for.

I hope it comes back and says that they were pleasantly surprised to discover that it'll cost much less to clean up then was previously thought. Sorry, I'm not going to hope for a high public clean-up cost just so it's easier to tell Ken King "no thanks".
That's not what I said. Your convenient clipping of my post changed the meaning but my overall intention may not have been clear.

The Flames don't consider the CRL or the land donation 'Public funds'. If it comes back that the CMLC can't redevelop the WV by eating the opportunity cost of not selling and taking advantage of the land they give up to the Flames, the whole funding model falls apart. The assumption that they can just slide right in and make use of a CRL in the community and remediation and support infrastructure will just work itself out because they think they add value is potentially is shaky at best. Maybe then we will see a reasonable proposal for a new facility with a funding model that at least is honest as well as allow the CMLC do what it does best. Clean up and revitalize a blighted area without having to bend to the Flames.

Last edited by Barnes; 03-09-2016 at 02:35 PM.