View Single Post
Old 12-10-2020, 12:16 AM   #2457
nieuwy-89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocoli View Post
Pete has always been one of my favourites but I've also been a fan of his stand up. Outside of Weekend Update though I've given up with SNL. They had it best when they had recurring characters sketches and people who you associated with those characters. Plus hosts that are different and outside of what you would expect from them. I understand that this is all hard with the pandemic, but it's sad to see how far this has fallen.
I’ve been an SNL fan for over 25 years and always will be. But I agree this season and last season something is missing. I don’t think it is the writing, as Che and Jost remain at the helm and have been a strong duo for a while, and are generally carrying the mail for the show as the WU hosts.

I think there is something missing in the cast. There are a lot of talented individuals but outside of a few pairs (Beck and Kyle for example) I don’t sense a lot of chemistry, energy, or teamwork. The whole is not greater than the sum right now.

And great observation about recurring characters. Keenan has a few, but otherwise I can’t say there is a solid recurring character right now that I get excited about.
nieuwy-89 is offline   Reply With Quote