View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 12:04 PM   #597
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
"A better version of Tannehill" would be like me saying a Mustang is a better version of a Taurus. Guy was the MVP of the league through 13 games in 2017 and was till a top 10-15 QB last year by almost every metric despite coming off of ACL surgery and playing most of the season with a broken back.

The locker room stuff sounded more like one disgruntled player going to the media than it did any kind of indictment on Wentz. For his part, he took ownership of it and admitted he was in a bad headspace last year because he was frustrated about his own performance and being injured again.

Time will obviously tell, but I'd rather the Eagles roll the dice on Wentz than wander through QB purgatory again for half a decade.
Derek Carr was an MVP candidate as well a few years back. Means nothing years later. I said he was a better version of Tannehill. Tannehill is an average starting NFL QB that can't stay healthy so that means I think he's clearly a better than average. I just don't see what he's done in three years to warrant this money as Foles won all their big games. I get that it's the way it is in the NFL as for all we know Jones could sign Prescott for similar money but at the 30+ million mark for starting QB's we are getting to the stage were teams are tying up a good portion of their salary cap into one player which is going to make it hard to build quality teams around them.

I can see why the Eagles signed him but I don't know why they had to make him the highest paid player ever after the last two seasons. Maybe he stays healthy and it works out but now the Chiefs will have to pay Mahomes $35+ million so GM's with franchise QB's are going to have to start getting pretty creative with cap management going forward.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote