View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 11:03 AM   #595
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
As for the Eagles I suppose they had no choice but I don't think this will end well as to me Wentz is a better version of Tannehill that will struggle to stay healthy. When he's healthy he can be a top 10 QB but he's started 13 and 11 games in the past few seasons and there were rumblings he's not a great guy in the locker room.
"A better version of Tannehill" would be like me saying a Mustang is a better version of a Taurus. Guy was the MVP of the league through 13 games in 2017 and was till a top 10-15 QB last year by almost every metric despite coming off of ACL surgery and playing most of the season with a broken back.

The locker room stuff sounded more like one disgruntled player going to the media than it did any kind of indictment on Wentz. For his part, he took ownership of it and admitted he was in a bad headspace last year because he was frustrated about his own performance and being injured again.

Time will obviously tell, but I'd rather the Eagles roll the dice on Wentz than wander through QB purgatory again for half a decade.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote