View Single Post
Old 06-07-2019, 09:09 AM   #594
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Eagles re-sign Wentz to 4-yeae deal worth $128M, with $100M guaranteed. Big gamble but it's probably going to look like a discount if he plays up to his 2017 form this year and after the Goff and Mahomes and Goff contracts are signed. Rams are probably kicking themselves that they didn't get a deal for Goff done sooner.
They were saying on Sirius NFL this morning that the Rams aren't in any hurry to get Goff signed long term as they feel their offense is plug and play and will be productive with any quality journeyman QB and will let him play out 2019 and go the franchise route if necessary. He threw for only 8 TD's and 7 Int's in the 2nd half of the season when Gurley was not healthy.

As for the Eagles I suppose they had no choice but I don't think this will end well as to me Wentz is a better version of Tannehill that will struggle to stay healthy. When he's healthy he can be a top 10 QB but he's started 13 and 11 games in the past few seasons and there were rumblings he's not a great guy in the locker room.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote