View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 02:57 PM   #117
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
"In this post I will say a bunch of things which I think are true but for which I offer up no evidence.

Also, I will pick the best sounding category for the Flames as a reference to other teams: Wingers."

Of the top 50 scoring rookies of the last 4 seasons, the Flames have Gaudreau tied at 6th with Gourde, Laine, Stone. That's 1 point up on Filip Forsberg and 3 points up on Marner and Nylander.

Tkachuk is tied at 20th with Half season mcdavid, Dubois, Hoffman, 1 point back of Aho, 1 point up on Werenski and Heinen.

Of the top 52 rookie scoring seasons of the last 4 years, the Flames have 2

Washington has 1
Winnipeg has 3
Vegas has 1
Vancouver has 2
Toronto has 4
Tampa has 4
St. Louis has 1
Philly has 1
Ottawa has 4
The rangers have 2
the Islanders have 2
Nashville 1
Jersey 2
LA has 1
The Oilers suck ####
Detroit has 1
Dallas has 1
Colorado has 2
Chicago has 3
CBJ has 2
Carolina has 2
Buffalo has 3
Boston has 2
Arizona has 3

So given the widest latitude and best possible outcome for the Flames in this scenario, they are middle of the pack or worse.

The Flames are middle of the pack in overall prospects graduated and middle of the pack in quality graduated.
Speaking of cherry picking....

In fact, in each of the last 6 years the Flames have had at least one rookie join the team and score in the top 50 rookies. Three were in the top ten of their year (Monahan, Gaudreau and Tkachuk) and four more were top 25 (Bennett, Jooris, Janko and Andersson). I say, for a team that's drafted top 5 exactly once out of the relevant years, not bad.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote