View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 05:31 PM   #105
MikeMc
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
I just can't bring myself to definitively judge this guy without first seeing him enter a post season fully healthy.

I don't think we've seen that yet, given that he's been nursing something for the better part of a few years, finally gets healthy but then breaks a thumb in the spring.

He always looks FAR better in the first 3-4 months of the season than the last 3-4 because of, I imagine, something that's nagging coming up.

Him and Gaudreau typically get league wide recognition and enter conversations for one of the tops in the league every fall to christmas, but then the chatter fades away later on as they do.

I really want to see these guys stay healthy and confident down the stretch to gauge what their actual potential is.
Not poking the bear on this whole thing but isn't the first couple months of the season typically the easiest part of the season - playoff races aren't fully ramped up, defenses are maybe a bit easier on the opposition, etc.?

Before I get jumped on I'm not saying there is zero effort during the regular season, but surely competition on the ice escalates as season progresses/the playoff's near.
MikeMc is offline   Reply With Quote