View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 07:36 PM   #56
Cerebral
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
No, I haven't, but I'll pick that up for sure. Part of the reason I loved Martin's books is because they were pretty depressing and dark, I'll definately check this out for sure.

Feast for Crows leaves you feeling a bit empty inside to be quite honest. It is only half a story (only half the characters make it in) and if you're anything like me, you're favorite storylines weren't in it (Tyrion). I'd wait until A Dance with Dragons comes out before I pick it up, I have a feeling it will be out in the next 6 months or so, at least so you get the complete experience.
Well, I've never been as depressed after reading a book as when I finished off Hobb's Farseer Saga. They're not nearly as dark as Martin's books but they're just as sad if not more depressing.

I've heard some bad things about A Feast for Crows but I'll get to it eventually. I bought it the first week it was released but I'm going to have to re-read the series at some point and I was sort of hoping I could hold out until he releases the next book in the series. I probably won't be able to wait that long though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
Definately give me an update when you finish that. I'm always looking for more Fantasy to start reading, especially good ones.
Well, I'm about 100 pages from the end and it's easily one of the best books I've ever read. Mieville definitely isn't for everyone but I absolutely love his style of writing and the way he blends a variety of different genres into his writing is really neat. I was hooked after I was about 30 pages into Perdido Street Station.
Cerebral is offline   Reply With Quote