View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 07:11 PM   #55
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
Have you ever read Robbin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy? If you like Martin and Jordan, you'll probably like that as well (although be warned, her books are incredibly depressing).
No, I haven't, but I'll pick that up for sure. Part of the reason I loved Martin's books is because they were pretty depressing and dark, I'll definately check this out for sure.

Feast for Crows leaves you feeling a bit empty inside to be quite honest. It is only half a story (only half the characters make it in) and if you're anything like me, you're favorite storylines weren't in it (Tyrion). I'd wait until A Dance with Dragons comes out before I pick it up, I have a feeling it will be out in the next 6 months or so, at least so you get the complete experience.

Quote:
I'm finally getting through Mieville's The Scar and I can see why some people think he's the best fantasy author out there right now.
Definately give me an update when you finish that. I'm always looking for more Fantasy to start reading, especially good ones.

I actually enjoyed the Eragon/Eldest novels too, pretty solid writing, especially in Eldest. I have a feeling Paolini will have a really good career ahead of him. You can see the writing progression in his work, just from the first book to the 2nd book.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote