View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 11:40 AM   #261
gvitaly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Saying it publicly isn’t a good look.
I personally wish players would speak their mind a little more. I am a little tired of hearing the same generic answers each and every time to the same questions. I know the NHL is all about keeping things behind closed doors, and so on, but I prefer a little more honesty and a little less PR.

As long as he can back up his financial ask with quality play on the ice I don't mind. If the Tkachuks are a tough negotiation, but do everything their teams ask of them then I have no problems with it.

Unfortunately, it seems sometimes Tkachuk's mouth writes checks he can't cash. I think it's similar to Conor McGregor in a way. As long as he can back things up with great play, no one has any problems. However, as soon as his play starts to slip it seems he can't back up what he is saying.

As for the captain discussion, I also have Backlund/Tanev/Lindholm/Hanifin ahead of Tkachuk. I actually think Hanifin can be a very interesting captain if he continues to take steps in his growth. The two things I have against Tkachuk are uncertainty with his next contract, and the lazy plays last year.
gvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gvitaly For This Useful Post: