View Single Post
Old 05-24-2020, 02:20 PM   #1829
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

3 very slow wobbly groups of juniors? (with adult supervisors) headed south from Cochrane towards Airport road about 1115'ish this am. Slow and wobbly enough that the busy passing cars slowed down to 40-50'ish and backed up. Made it hard for a speedy roadie like me to dodge and weave as well. sigh... hope they consider safer training routes?

Next gear grinder... coming from the western edge of Calgary into the city is now brutal that the Crestmont route is pretty much closed (Stoney Tr construction), COP is closed to all/roadies, so that funnels a lot of riders through that short stretch of Old Banff Coach road where they have only 2 lanes. Extremely busy traffic, plus those lovely giant slipper metal plates NOT PUSHED TOGETHER creates potential for real accidents. Any alternatives? I ended up having to come down through Grand Central... er... Edworthy, and wow. Avoid. No such thing as distancing there! (but not as bad as Costco was Friday eve).

Lastly, most road shoulders are in good shape although the rains seemed to push a lot of finer grit over. So careful in corners. I'll give it another couple of weeks then move to the faster tires on the carbon wheelset.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote