View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 06:50 AM   #60
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itse View Post
I find it funny that there's so much pushback against criticizing Sigalet.

Is a goaltending coach really that different from for example a powerplay coach? Fans judge them all the time based on results, yet I don't see all this "how qualified are you to judge anyway".
The power play we can criticize personal, structure, zone entry, pace, etc. These are specific critiques. Then we can debate if it is players or coaches. And if the coach is doing a poor or good job. If all we had was the PP% to go on we would be in the same boat as with the goalie coach.

So criticizing sigalet because Chad Johnson was consistently beat glove side or that Elliot wasn't mentally prepared are reasonable criticisms that we can debate whether it is coach or player. Saying Sigalet is bad because of our goaltending results is not supported any evidence. If you can point to a goalie who excelled after like Dubnyk then you would have a case.

I think Lack is a good test. If he returns to his carreer average numbers one can argue that sigalet fixed him. If Elliot has a career year and good playoff performance and no long dry spells we can argue that Sigalet broke him.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: