View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 11:10 AM   #24
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank MetaMusil View Post
Thanks I hadn't heard that before. I guess my question should have been, when is Sigalet's coaching going to be quantifiable or warrant criticism? This article has him at 16 goalies now.
I think the answer to your question is in the question itself: when there is something quantifiable enough for observers to legitimately criticise. So far all anyone has are anecdotal correlations, which in my opinion do not warrant actual criticism. Much like what happened with Glen Gulutzan early in his tenure it is not easy to see whether Sigalet is doing anything to make the Flames's goaltending successful, but that doesn't mean that he is a poor goaltending coach.

Quote:
Perhaps it's not the style he has them playing, but he's unable to prepare them mentally? The bottom line is goaltending remains the Flames #1 issue until Smith/Lack show otherwise.
Perhaps, but who knows? Until there is something tangible that one can identify as an issue with the goalie coach, then it really isn't fair to assert that he is the root of the problem. He might be, we just don't really have any way of knowing at this point. But I cannot imagine that management will simply remain content to keep him in his job if there was in fact cause to relieve him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project

Last edited by Textcritic; 07-13-2017 at 11:30 AM.
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post: