View Single Post
Old 03-16-2024, 09:05 PM   #34
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

A couple of notes: Winnipeg had started the process for their NHL dreams way before it actually happened and were told to be ready if and when something were to come up. They were running a quality AHL franchise and had a modern but smaller NHL caliber rink that they knew they could fill. Having capable staff, training facilities, broadcast deals and a whole host of other NHL business was going to be a fairly easy scenario to deal with. The arena needed some basic expansion for media, players medical equipment and other stuff.

I do think relocation is on the table but I also think that is not the preferred option or an option they really want to go down. I have no doubt that this "leak" is a result of the NHL trying to put the message out loud and clear that this auction needs to go in the Yotes favor with legit threats of moving the franchise.

I just don't see a scenario where the Yotes leave for SLC and then return in a few short years for a $650-1 billion dollar expansion fee for a failed market since the 90's.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote