View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #13
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
They did, Wolverine had it handed to him completely since Magneto could just manipulate all the metal debris in the environment to take him out. I don't see any way Wolverine could actually stand toe to toe with Magneto unless there were a lot fewer objects for Magneto to use.
Well that's exactly it, they could have had a fight without the metal debris. Beast and Magneto got into a tiff, in which Beast kinda had the victory (almost killing him), until Magneto restrained him. It's all beside the point really, as a memorable action scene can involve anyone really.

Why not have Wolverine tear up a few sentinels? Say at the beginning of the movie where all the future X-Men are killed off, they could have had Wolverine go toe-to-toe with a few sentinels before being the last one to perish. One issue people have always had is that Wolverine needs to hold back, as he's not allowed to kill (at least innocents). But here he had the opportunity to take on an enemy where he could show how ruthless he could really be without remorse. It just seems like a missed opportunity to me.

As for the rest, like I said others probably won't have a problem with it. I would have been fine if they had overlooked Last Stand altogether, any maybe they would have if they didn't bring back Ellen Page. I just think it's too easy for them to overlook it all if they intend on keeping it as part of the continuity.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote