View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 11:24 AM   #183
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Slinger View Post
Why is Biden even running? It could reasonably be argued that one of the primary reasons Trump won was due to an electorate looking for change. Biden is a throwback to the political old-boys club. As much as Clinton was criticized for being a political weather-vane Biden is just as bad or maybe worse. The only people that Biden appeals to are those that were satisfied with the status quo or those who strictly go by name recognition. It could be said that he is a centrist Democrat but so are Harris and Buttigieg, both of which are much younger and don't have the same warts as Biden.

Biden can actually do the Democratic party a huge solid if he starts to endorse some of the platforms that Bernie and others espouse to help get the centrist Democrats behind Bernie or the eventual nominee.
He's a corporate Democrat, exactly the type of candidate the AOC and Bernie crowd will revolt against. I'm not even saying I dislike the guy. I just think he's far from the slam dunk candidate people think he is.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote