Thread: Rule changes!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #88
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

As a GM these rules do not benefit my team in the least. They actually hurt it quite a bit. For the first time in my tenure I am having a great regular season. There is a very good chance I can win my division and the conference. I was joking with someone the other day that i won't know what to do with my extra 2.5 mill. I also traded for Parise who is a great player. But also a UFA. I didn't know where he stood as part of my long term plans, but dealt for him with the understanding that if he didn't fit my financial landscape I could still move him in the offseason for a good return. That's not the case anymore.

So at first I looked at these changes as really hurting the plan I had in place. But after the initial reaction I look at it as a challenge. I will have tougher choices to make.

As a commish the type of rules that force strong teams to really think and make smart choices are what we are looking for. The fact that most of the teams that are affected are strong teams shows that they are accomplishing what they need to.

Are they ideal for teams that have been planning for other things. No. Are they effective in bringing what a lot of GMs have been calling. Yes.

As a commish. My opinion is we bring them all in or we wait for them all. There is no change this wait for that because every rule affects teams in different ways. So it is all or none in my eyes. If you asked me a week ago I would say wait. If you ask me now I would say bring them on.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goffie For This Useful Post: