View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 09:24 AM   #40
Bent Wookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDutch View Post
I owned and returned a Galaxy S Vibrant. IMO it is a half baked piece of garbage. Couldn't even sync music with the phone, it kept going into a reboot loop.

I went and bought an unlocked iPhone 4. It was double the price, but worth every penny. It just works, and I have yet in a month to be disappointed by it.

BTW, the screen on the iPhone4 blows the doors of the Galaxy S. Samsung used some deceptive advertising calling it an OLED screen. From what I have read, OLED is a grey area, whereas there is a great variance in quality from one OLED to another.

Anyways, the Galaxy S looks great on movies, but web surfing, not so much. As soon as you zoom in, you get pixilated quick.

Anyways, just my 2 cents. I would comment on Blackberry, but their tech is like 4 years old. Wow a poor Webkit browser, what is this 2007?
That is a really odd experience. I have a SGS and it far and away, the best phone I have ever used.

A co-worker has an iphone4 and we have used them side by side. The SGS blows its doors off in speed (even with flash enabled) and they are at the very least comparable when it comes to the screen although I am a little biased and think the SGS looks way cleaner and sharper.

You clearly got a defective unit. Pretty tough to judge your 2 cents when that occurs.

Edit: I forgot to add, Froyo (2.2) will be supported by the SGS. However I will admit, I am a little disappointed that it hasn'y arrived yet considering the Nexus1 had it in July/August. Gingerbread (3.0) comes out in November. It is unknown what phones will be supported. I would suspect, considering the hardware of the SGS ane the fact it has sold so many unit around the world, it will get that update.

Last edited by Bent Wookie; 10-22-2010 at 09:28 AM.