View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 01:15 PM   #27
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry07 View Post
if they come out with a different version of OS for the galaxy it wont work? why would any manufacture do that?
Don't be fooled with the "open platform". As long as you have to deal with a carrier, it is not open. They decide if you can have the latest Android release and that may limit you to what applications you are able to run. It would drive me nuts to see all the new features rolled into an OS update and have to wait months to get my hands on it.

Yes you can root it and install a ROM that gets you the latest OS if available but you can also Jailbreak an iPhone and install non sanctioned apps as well (opening it up).

Android phones also seem to reach end of life rather quickly. Apple has typically supported 3 hardware revisions with their OS updates. The oldest having limited support but usually that gets you close to your hardware upgrade eligibility. Apple pushes the carriers hard to offer upgrades at a reasonable price and timeline so that most have the latest and greatest. I have no idea what Android users get for eligibilities.

The Galaxy is a nice phone. I agree with those who say it feels cheep. It is very light and thin but for some reason feels delicate and almost like a fake phone. Not a huge deal I guess.

The screen, while bright and vibrant is nowhere near that of an iPhone or even a Droid. No one renders fonts like Apple does. It's no surprise that the Galaxy's fonts look poor in comparison.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote