View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #24
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty2hotty View Post
I thought you weren't allowed to return smart phones?
You can return them as long as you do not exceed 100 minutes or 14 days, or something like that. Check your contract it is in there for all phones.

As for pixelation, that was IMO. However, when you are using the demo unit, go to CP, and browse around, and read posts. Then go to the Apple store and do the same thing. Make sure to zoom in so the text is big enough to read. When I did that, it was night and day.

"Super AMOLED" is a marketing term, just like retna display for iPhone4. It really means nothing. That is why I say to test it out by doing some web browsing.

I don't think I had a defective unit, as googling "Samsung Galaxy S reboot loop" comes up with a lot of hits. Maybe they have fixed the firmware. Oh and another issue I had was with GPS, it didn't work at all. It would always time out.

Anyways, like I said, just my 2 cents. Some folks here have it, and are happy, which is great to hear. I really wanted to like mine, since I am anti-Apple, pro-Android. However, I just think the platform is way too open, so it has it's issues.

I found a happy medium to be a jailbroken iPhone 4. It works, has great apps, just doesn't have flash. Which to tell you the truth I have not missed/had problems with at all.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote