View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 12:12 AM   #26
curves2000
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd line Grinder View Post
was there for this event and the second question asked (about Carolina/Arizona, brooklyn) was mine.

I found him trying so hard to control the situation it made it uncomfotable. His response to my question was so defensive and dismissive it was as if they are alarming and embaressing situations which he didnt expect people to know about (even after kerr called him out on Carolina's attendance).

Hearing about the situation revoloving around the olympics and the negotiations with the NHLPA was quite interesting, though definitly had a huge dose of intentional narrator's bias.

The most awkward part was the jabs him and Kerr kept firing at each other... thought a fight was about to break out.

The amount he brought up the oilers and Rogers place was just obnoxious

He takes exception to those type of questions all the time, no surprising since places like Carolina and Phx are not quality hockey markets, I don't care what people say.

Teams like Phx have players who are retired or playing in another country on the books and that counts as "salary cap dollars" Just a joke because if they were paying those multi million dollar contracts out, it would result in even bigger financial losses.

As for Kerr and Bettman, whenever he comes into town or has an interview him and Kerr talk like they are actually close friends or have some relationship outside of their respective roles. I have heard Kerr ask him about his wife, his daughters education at Cornell University etc in previous interviews. Small world, so you never know.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote