View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 08:35 PM   #243
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Well, I refuse to look at the season in a negative light as this is what we've hoped we'd see in our lifetime, a championship.

The Kawhi thing feels weirder and less special as time goes on and will definitely make the festive feeling next season when he comes back feel a little less so. A few things stand out now that times has passed and you start to put things together.

1) Kawhi reportedly had moved his stuff from Toronto before the free agent week, I think a lot of people looked past that as we hoped and prayed he'd sign here

2) Looks more and more like not only did Toronto not have a chance but that he actually may have played that whole hoopla day in Toronto up in a shrewd tactic to force the Clippers to get who he wanted before he signed

That stings if true (and it certainly looks like it), but I guess you have to respect that he owed Toronto nothing and gave us a championship, and ultimately if you're signing in LA, it makes sense to force them into being a contender rather than the Clippers knowing you're signing and not going all in.

So yeah, we were likely a pawn in free agency week and that stings after everything the city and country gave him, like true adoration with murals and memories that will last a lifetime. And yes he looks different than the casual, quiet guy who didn't want any hoopla around him.

Last edited by jayswin; 07-10-2019 at 08:43 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: