View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 05:26 AM   #1
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Sharks Get Their Guy - Land #1 C

After completely overhauling the team in the past 2 weeks, the Sharks found themselves with many great players, but no legit top line #1 C...until now.
It all started when the team traded from a position of strength and sent McAvoy and Ekblad out the door to try and bring in guys that know how to score goals. Then, we noticed our D wasn’t that great so we went ahead and traded away Seguin who we were using as our top line C to bring in Josi.

Well now we don’t have a #1 C. We spent the better part of the week scouring the league and contacting almost every GM to inquire about many different players. This is how some of the conversations went:

MJK: Hey Ravi, I miss Daddy Mac, can I have him back please?
Ravi: Not on your life, there are not enough players and 1sts in the entire CPHL to get me to trade him.
MJK: Hey Pat, I heard Aho is pretty good, can I have him?
Pat: This is the first time in my CPHL history I managed to trick someone to give me a good player, he will be here for life…btw did you hear what Ravi is asking for MacKinnon?!?
MJK: Hey Cambam8, I regret trading Bergeron to you, can I have him back please?
Cambam8: It will cost you Pastrnak, 2 top 5 1sts and a 60oz of Jack
MJK: hey Flambers, is PLD available?
Flambers: Hell no, he has 10 goals and will probably win the rocket Richard trophy
MJK: CaptainCrunch, Couture is OK, Can I pleas ehave him?
CaptainCrunch: Leave me alone!!!
MJK: Hey SportsJunky, Granlund is playing OK, can I have him?
SportsJunky: Zero chance, he’s untouchable.
MJK: Hey savardandjokinen, your dad was a cool guy and a good GM. Can I please have Zibanejad? I heard he’s good.
Savardandjokinen: Well you are my division rival, bet hey, why not!

So a deal was born out of hard work and determination. After inquiring about many good centermen around the CPHL the Sharks actually landed one of the very best there is and proven sim producer.

To San Jose:
Mika Zibanejad

To Edmonton:
Patrik Laine
Rasmus Kupari

Thanks to Savardandjokinen for sticking with me over many many many PM exchanges. As the days went on, the losses added up and the doors kept being slammed in our face, we decided we had to make a move here.
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MJK For This Useful Post: