View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 07:56 AM   #73
AustinL_NHL
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr4013 View Post
Still baffled by some of it. Klimkait's penalty for example. As best I could tell they were usually enforced for inaction/lack of aggression yet the commentators made it seem like she was much more aggressive in golden score and it also seemed like an accidental slip which I didn't think was score/penalty worthy. I'm sure there's subtilties that I missed in my fatigue but seemed like a cheap win for her opponent.
I'm not sure how many different types of penalties there are, but I somewhat understood 2:

1) inaction, as you said. The commentators said something along the lines of the penalty occurring after either like a minute of no attacks or an x amount of consecutive attacks from the opposing player (Klimkait enforced this penalty on her opponents multiple times because of how aggressive she was)

2) dropping to your knees (or maybe it was having both elbows on the floor?) on a non-attack/false attack: this is what made Klimkait lose in the semi's, as she dropped to her knees to enforce a reset but hadn't done so while making an attack

Last edited by AustinL_NHL; 07-26-2021 at 08:00 AM.
AustinL_NHL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AustinL_NHL For This Useful Post: