Thread: Scrum Method
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 01:15 AM   #14
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I can't tell you guys how grateful I am about your feedback and participating in the discussion, it means a lot to me.

I finished the first segment of the course today. which covered the basics of scrum, the breakdown of responsibilities, the steps in the Scrum method, and the 72 reasons why its a good thing.

I do like a lot of aspects from it. I've been involved in too many projects from the outside looking in that have become convuluted messes, with too many people fighting for ownership of too many tasks, and the chaotic meetings that follow.

I've kind of figured out the roles, and that all of the sprints don't really have to start at the same time, for example that one backlog for example needs another product to be finished first. So it makes sense. I also really like the idea of the Product Owner taking ownership of spec, and breaking it down in the backlog, and the Scrum Master acting as almost like a facilitator.

I really like the concept of the Scrum Meeting format of no more then 15 or so minutes and it only addressing four key queries.

What did you do since the last meeting
What are you doing between now and the next meeting
What are your impediments.
And in theory, what impediments are you going to cause.

The last segment of the first course that I completed dealt with Scrum of Scrums if your involved in multiple interlinked projects so to speak.

There's really a lot of self management in this method. The developers are responsible for managing their assigned part of the backlog. The Product Owner almost acts like a translator between the customer/client and the development team in terms of backlog and change orders.

I also like that the spring emphasizes actual tested deliverables at the end.

I can see the benefits, and I'm hoping that I got this all right.

But hearing your real world experiences is really helpful.

The next segment that I start on Monday is around Jira Agile use so that should be interesting for a dummy like me.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote