View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #20
Montagna
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Last time had an 8:30am tee time, got their about 8:10 and we're told that we had to get going as we we're one of the first groups out and we would slow down their whole day. This was about 8:15. There was 5 of us and 2 of us headed out first (with the starter all over us as we we're talking to our 3 buddies behind us, right on our tee time). We head out and notice there is absolutely no one in front of us or behind our friends by about hole 3 so we decide to make a 5some. Marshall comes out and tells us we are to slow to be in a 5some after 1 hole even though there is no one around us. So the 2 of us take off and end up finishing our 18 hole round in about 2 and a half hours, the 3some took about 3 hours. My three friends stopped after their round and waited to see how long till the people behind them were done, they waited 15 minutes and still couldn't see anyone.

The two times before that we had women with us (not LPGA'ers but not terrible either) and both times we got hassled from the starter all the way around the course, once again with people about a hole behind us and we were waiting on pretty much every tee box. One of the women actually quit cause she was so frustrated with the Marshall.

I'm not the only one who has had problems their. I've heard from locals that avoid it as well with similar stories. It is a nice course but the other courses all seem to be more accommodating and frankly not as up tight.
Montagna is offline   Reply With Quote