View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 12:37 PM   #782
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
I get and agree with all the statements about players not having to risk their bodies if they don't want, how hard rehab and getting in shape are, fans not having to live with the consequences of the rigors of football, all that. I think it's extremely valid and I also think no one of significance would have a problem with this if it was April. But why are we pretending it's not 2 weeks before the season starts? That's the reason I'd be peeved if I was a Colts fan. Retire if you want, but we're pretty late in the game to leave your team in the lurch, unless there's something medically that changed drastically rendering Luck unable to play since training camp started.
Why would that matter? If you followed the Colts you would know that Luck had lightly participated in only two days of camp. Brissett has been taking first reps all training camp so it's not like Luck was taking all the first reps in practice and up and quit leaving the Colts will an ill-prepared backup. Brissett is as ready to go as he would have been if Luck retired prior to training camp. It's clear Luck didn't prepare to retire at the opening of training camp but got increasingly frustrated with his leg getting worse not better and it finally got to the point where he felt it was for the best to walk away rather than try and play through the pain. Take a look at his injury history and ask yourself if you would be hard on your own son if he quit football after sustaining these injuries;

-Torn cartilage in 2 ribs
-partially torn abdomen
-a lacerated kidney that left him peeing blood
-at least 1 concussion
-a torn labrum in his throwing shoulder
-calf/ankle issue

Yeah they get paid a lot of money but they are people just like you and I at the end of the day.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 08-27-2019 at 12:39 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote