View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 08:32 AM   #1548
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Canada has built a reputation of a undermanned under equipt army that just makes sh$t happens when it hits the fan. The soldiers lying in rest in Europe Korea, Afghanistan are a testimony to the old saying "Don't piss off the Canucks".

Brilliantly trained, built from tough young men from the Prairies, the moutains, the Canadian shield to the Atlantic Provinces, you could see it in our national DNA. From hockey to football to business to war, this was a country that for a long time had a reputation of being nice until it was time to not be nice.

We terrified the Germans, we gained the respect of Korean and Chinese Troops, and were the thing that went bump in the night in Afghanistan. We protected the innocent in peacekeeping, all while being hamstrung by our own government and our own people.

You look at the campaigns in Italy, In the Netherlands, in the heart of Europe, our role in operation killer and the battle of hill 404, We held at Kapyong while our allies fled. You look at the actions of the Canadian Troops in the Medak Pocket a battle that has been, but should never be forgotten.

At one time we had one of the biggest navies in the world. Nobody wanted to mess with Canadian pilots, and our army had a reputation of living up to the finest tradition of men and woman in uniform.

Ok, I've had a few drinks and I'm rambling. but this is why I'm so frustrated and hurt over the disintigration of the military, this is why I'm so angry at what's happening recently, in terms of Vance, the Liberals and the sexual abuse of woman in the military. The senior officers in the military have not lived up to the traditions of previous generations. The Military and Dm took a lot of pride in trying to eat one of their own in Norman for political reasons. Its all gone so wrong.

I don't know how it can be fixed anymore, But a lot of men and woman, who died in uniform are being diservised right now.
Well said.

Don't forget WW1, Canadians invented and perfected the violent trench raid.

Also the battle of Kitchener Wood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle...heners%27_Wood

The first time the Germans used Gas.

The Canadians held, 10th & 16th Battalions CEF, suffered 75% casualties.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undercoverbrother For This Useful Post: