View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Now that the conditions have cleared I'll comment on this (it's my condo). I was quite shocked by how quickly it sold, but the price we got was what I was hoping for and the quick possession works nicely for me as I was planning to move out shortly anyway. The nice part about selling a condo is that finding comparable sales is easy - just look for everything that has sold in the same complex. In this case my unit was the best location in the building (top floor corner with downtown & mountain views) but didn't have as many upgrades as some of the others. Only one unit has sold for more and that one went for above the asking so I don't think there was a lot more to be had by waiting.

At any rate Travis did a fine job. I can't say I spent a lot of time dealing with him with the quick sale and all, but I did appreciate that he wanted to try to squeeze an extra $500 on the sale even when I was happy with what we already had (he did get it). The commission on that amount is practically nothing so there isn't a lot for the realtor to gain at that point but it will certainly make a difference to me. As an aside, there has to be a better way to structure commissions on real estate sales as the incentives are way off as anybody who has read Freakonomics knows.

I also have to commend the photographer that he used - another unit in the building listed the same day as mine and comparing the photos was night and day. I'm not usually a fan of HDR photos but it sure helps when shooting an interior with a lot of windows. That and the wide angle lens conveys the openness of the space nicely.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arsenal14 For This Useful Post: