View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 10:34 AM   #16
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
In any community or organization anyone can lead.
But I get your point. I wouldn't agree that "we guys can't be bothered to follow the rules". That's a pretty broad statement. You are welcome to feel that way though.
I'm not going to comment on any one mod, just as I wouldn't comment about any one poster. The only reason I offered my thoughts up to FW is because he asked for a response.
Okay, but like it or not, most people see mods as an embodiment of a forum and forum's standards. For some people, seeing mods post in a certain manner is going to make them think that posting in said manner is acceptable. Maybe that's not fair or right, but it's kind of the way it is. You'll notice I didn't comment on one mod either but I also don't want to lump all of you in with one person because that doesn't seem fair either.

I don't generally complain about the moderation team here and think for the most part you all do a good job. I would say that there might be a mod or two who would benefit from just going back to being regular posters so that they don't necessarily reflect the moderation team when they're dragging their asses all over the place, for lack of a better term. It might also help to freshen up the moderation team every once in a while and switch people in and out so that the burden doesn't fall on the same people all the time and burn people out.

Quote:
Which goes back to my original point. Ultimately the quality of any community is driven by the quality of every member. So if people want a better CP, be better CP members.
Okay but are the mods not members of the community? If you want to disagree that the mod team shouldn't be held to a higher standard than the rest of us, that's fine, but they should at least be held to the same standards, and FW's post and my own experiences illustrate that this isn't the case.

The other thing I've noticed happening more frequently is that the ####posters and trolls seem to not be being policed as much as previously so the forum members are taking it on themselves to do so, which results in more of the one-liners, drive-bys, pile-ons, etc. An example of this is a previously banned poster, who was banned for being an abrasive, obnoxious troll, has returned and is being an abrasive, obnoxious troll in almost every single thread they've participated, dragging entire threads into the gutter and derailing them and nothing is being done about it. I've reported said poster several times and I know others have as well but nothing ever appears to be done.

I understand that the mods have lives and can't be everywhere all the time, but that's insanely frustrating as a poster to deal with. It would probably help a little bit to at least acknowledge that the report has been received and whether the mod team agrees with the report or why they don't. You don't necessarily have to tell us what actions you're taking against the poster but some acknowledgement would at least help us feel that we're not just banging our heads against the wall and screaming into the void.

You can say "well just ignore them" but this poster is in almost all of the threads I frequent daily and to ignore them I would have to basically ignore those threads, and then why bother visiting CP anymore? And again, it's not just me that has a problem with this particular poster. I don't think that's the message that you guys and gals want to be sending either, as eventually it's just going to discourage the 90% of reasonable posters here in favour of the 10% who are behaving like asshats.

Quote:
Even look at your response to Dion. He offered his view and you hit him with a teacher's pet blast. Is that the best way to continue this discussion? Believe me Dion is perfectly comfortable criticizing us when he wants to.
Okay, but as nik pointed out, Dion came in here and responded to my perfectly reasonable critique of the mod team by comparing me to a 4 year-old. What reaction did he think he was going to get with that?
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote