Thread: Nov 6 Practice
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #48
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
It is starting to head in that direction.

I think Smith starting in Anaheim is a good coaching decision though. It’s an arena that Smith looked outstanding in while breaking the Honda Center curse last October. It could be a solid move from a confidence managing perspective.

...but I don’t think confidence is an issue with Smith. I think he’s beyond “bouncing back” at this stage and is what he is. I do understand the team needing to see if they can’t get him to rebound though, but in my eyes he doesn’t have much rope left. If he crumbles tomorrow...
Yeah, I can't help but look at that LA game as a better venue for him to work things out. He put up a .727 to end the season last year against Anaheim too, so he's 50/50 on what he can bring against that team.

I worry too that having a great duo is going to be harder to nurture if you let Smith get lit up again. I think what we saw against Colorado and Pittsburgh was enough embarrassment to start giving him the easier games right now.

Or, maybe the Ducks playing B2B means this IS considered the easier of the 2 starts. Will be interesting to see how much LA takes out of Anaheim tonight.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post: