View Single Post
Old 10-23-2017, 05:18 PM   #75
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd_aaron View Post
Well that ended up being much ado about nothing. First call this morning was to my insurance provider. Sure enough it's covered under my policy. Sent in the receipt and I will apparently have the money in my account by the end of the week.

Thank you for all of the advice, even the "turn it up to 11" advice. I probably would not have escalated past contacting AMA and the tow company directly. I am well aware that I had a momentary lapse in judgment and made a dumb decision off some poor advice. I mostly just wanted some sort of improvement on the situation to feel a little less like an idiot.

One odd thing though... Another reason he mentioned going through insurance was so it doesn't use up one of your services from AMA (you get a limited amount per year). I just received an auto email from AMA asking for feedback on the roadside assistance I received. I am curious if they submitted an invoice to AMA as well and they are double-dipping. I am also curious if I have lost one of my services anyways. My AMA membership page only has history of services up to Aug 13.
Glad it all worked out for you, but I am unsatisfied with this result! The tow truck driver needs to be punished for *defrauding* you. I want him to be reprimanded and his company to have to forfeit the $1300. I demand internet justice.

Seriously, at least call AMA to let them know what happened because they and their customers are getting screwed by this guy (and potentially others).
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote