View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 11:57 AM   #2278
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I guess I could burn it, but that's bad for the environment. Plus the whole history of book burning.

Well, I have a few choices. One is to keep it, but then, I have no interest in reading it again so it is just clutter. I could give it to someone else or donate it, but then someone who may not know Scott Adams may like it, and buy more, thus giving him more money. I don't want that. Or someone may want it because they like what the racist had to say, so that's not really good either. Ignoring or sidelining people like this and taking their voice is a valid response.

As to it being funny, sure it is. But (and here comes the Godwin) Hitler may have been a great artist, but would you have bought his paintings in the 30's to support Nazism? If you had a Hitler painting would you donate it or burn it when you found out how he really felt? Or would you have given it to someone so they could appreciate it as art? I'm pretty sure most people would destroy it(ignoring the future significance of the piece), and if you kept it up in your house, visitors may question your support for the man.
Its not a problem though. He was a genuinely crap artist. Truly awful.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote