View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 02:08 AM   #909
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Blood borne and Dark Souls were interesting games to say the least. As frustrating as the game is, the end result is amazingly rewarding. I really enjoyed them all.

I found the way that I enjoyed the game the most would be to follow a no glitch speed run, then after beating the game once, then I'll play based slowly to absorb deeper nuances of the game. Otherwise, I found myself overloaded and it would take forever to progress in the game and I'd just turn it off in frustration.

My buddy considers it cheating, but I've played demons souls and dark souls in a way before where I'd spend hours and days completely stuck, then I find out that I had somehow skipped a bunch of quests in between. It's the only two games I have ever used walk through on and in both series, it actually allowed me to enjoy the game and not quit before understanding it (although I feel like I needed walk thoughs more for dark souls than blood borne). Also, even if you see how someone beat the boss, it's not easy actually defeating the boss. It's kinda like a chess puzzle. You know there's a sequence that allows you to win, but if you misplay the order of your moves, you'll lose instead... but you technically can have a different set of pieces as someone else.
DoubleF is online now   Reply With Quote