View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 12:10 PM   #55
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
That's not brutal at all. I remember once my uncle walked into the bathroom at Eau Claire market and some dude was sitting on the counter wacking off. It was a funny story to him and us.

Some old dude jerked off in front of my wife when she was 17 on the C-train. It's still a go-to funny/WTF story for her.

Last year I was driving in Forest Lawn and some crack whore came up beside my truck and flashed her naked crotch at me. Didn't feel victimized.

If my daughter encountered a situation similar to the Louis CK one, I wouldn't want her to feel like a victim. I would want her to feel secure and strong enough to immediately remove herself from the situation. I think it can be unhealthy to opt to view yourself as a victim when you may not be.

But as for my quote above, I didn't say they weren't victims. I said they weren't that victimized. On the scale of bad things one human can do to another, jerking off on the telephone when you can just hang up barely registers and certainly isn't in the same ballpark as MJ ejaculating on the face of seven year old boys.
I have a lot of problems with some of what you said here (I'm catching odors of victim blaming), but I'll stick to what's at hand for now. There are all kinds of standpoint subjectivity going on here, which is kind of the point I'm making.

And I think it's important to remember that the people subjected to this behavior didn't just stumble into someone masturbating in a washroom. These women were subordinates of someone they either depended on, admired, or reported to. I can't stress how much of an entirely different dynamic this is to what you described in your anecdotes.

I would hope a person would feel enabled and secure enough to walk away as well, but that's just not the reality in some cases...in these cases. Would they lose their job if they said no? What would Louis do extraneously to them and their careers?

To someone that has never been penetratively raped but has had their employer and mentor compel them to watch them masturbate that can be severely traumatizing to them without ever having the comparative of experiencing penetrative rape.

That statement is brutal as it's dismissive of their trauma.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post: