View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #52
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I shouldn't have come across as generalizing "crime" as a concept. Obviously there are degrees of crime, even within a crime itself, that is taken into account according to the criminal justice system. We can't just have a uniform classification of "BAD".

Rather, to clarify, my issue comes two-fold:

1. With someone outside of the situation assessing the degree to which the victim feels, or should feel, victimized (perhaps that's not what you meant, but it came off the page that way at me). Yes, it could have been worse, but as with criminal acts there are subjective levels of victimization in every crime. There isn't an objective standard of how someone should or should not feel and react to someone non-consensually masturbating in front of them vs full-on raping them;

2. That abusing or victimizing someone is somehow acceptable depending on the on-stage presentation of an exaggerated, fictitious character. This isn't meant to be a judgement on anyone that subscribes to that, but to me that's highly disturbing.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote