View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 10:07 AM   #36
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
It was actually just a wee bit more than whacking off over the phone.

The level of the want and willingness to look past what Louis did is fascinating. All the same context of power exertion, extortion, sexual abuse...but because there was no traditional penetrative rape or molestation it's more easily dismissed.

I'm saying this as someone that is guilty of it too, but every time I see him on screen I am uncomfortable. Him traumatizing other human beings through the power he held does not make him funnier to me. It makes me sad because I admired and identified with his self-deprecating humour and observations, and that's lost to me because I can no longer separate the truth from the satire.
Uh, yeah. It fataing should be more easily dismissed since there was no penetrative rape or molestation. I find it fascinating in the era of #metoo how people can't differentiate between the degrees of abuse/victimization and respond accordingly. It's a scale. Louis CK's I don't find that bothersome and I don't think the victims were that victimized. There are lessons to be learned from it, though, but I do think the abuse is consistent with how he presented himself in his material. A lot of his bits are about him being a bit sexually deviant. Same with his stories in interviews like on Stern. I'm not even a mega fan or anything and I'm not doing any sort of mental gymnastics here. I've read what he did, and I'm like, meh, a bit offside, but not abhorrent.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote