View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 07:53 AM   #128
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
I'd rather see what the dinky toy can do on the fourth line than trot this guy back out there again:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1485907986170073089

The goal of the NHL isn't to be big. It's to score more goals than the other team. And Phillips has done all he can to prove he can score at every level except the NHL, because he hasn't yet been given the chance.

We know Brett Ritchie can't score (or do much of anything else). Tyler Pitlick and Brad Richardson are in the same boat. Even in the 7–1 win over St. Louis, Ritchie's shot differential was somehow only barely in the black. Why is he still in the NHL?
I am not here to defend Ritchie but in what world can Phillips fill his role?

Richie isnt a point producer, but he is sound defensively and is vary hard to play against because of his size and how he uses it. Its a role Darryl Sutter deems essential to make his teams successful. MP cannot do those things..period. It would be a complete waste of his real talent to even try him there. I think that much is obvious.

If he is on the team it has to be in a top 2/offensive line role. Who are you bumping to make room for him while remembering who his coach is?

If (god forbid)a Dube/Mangiapane/Gaudreau go down with injury then sure....call him up and let him have a go at things. Until such an opening exists though, there is no point and would see him watching from the press box which does neither him nor the team any favors.