View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 03:23 PM   #15
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Not cheering against him at all. I would love it if playoff Sam Bennett was the player we had game-in-game-out. But I've seen this movie before. I know the twist and the reveal, and hoping for a different outcome just seems fruitless. I will remain extremely skeptical of Bennett and firmly believe the 10 games are not as indicative as the previous 60+. I hope he comes to camp and shows everyone that he's turned the corner. I just hope that if he doesn't people will finally acknowledge its time to move the hell on and that we probably missed on an opportunity to turn him into something of value.
More or less on the same page.

If he gets a healthy set of games at center, with consistent above average linemates and isn't productive it's time to let that top six (or even nine) dream die.

Not agreeing on the window though.

I think they would have had to risk more moving him early when he still had value than they did by keeping and working with him; especially with the intangibles he provides.

Not like they were going to move him half way through his sophomore season (last time anyone would see him as the 4th overall)
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote