View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 08:19 AM   #54
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I certainly don't see a ton of major errors in Kylington's game, but they are there, and they often come under pressure. This is exacerbated by the fact that he gets outmuscled down low quite often, creating further turnovers and errors. He's getting better in that department, but still a long way to go.

The disappointment for me is his lack of offense. He should be a guy flying up the ice with the puck but he never does it. I suspect it's his desire to make fewer errors defensively, but he also doesn't add anything offensively now either. Overall, it makes for a very mediocre defenseman in terms of actual impact on the ice.

The best thing someone could do for him is pair him with an extremely reliable stay-at-home guy and then tell him to drive the play offensively. I can live with an error or two that needs to be cleaned up by the rest of the team if his play on average puts more pucks on net and makes more goals happen.

I don't see a top 4 defender in Kylington as being likely anymore, but I do see a 3rd pairing offensive d-man if he works on handling the physical game better/more strategically. Look at Brodie as an example of how to be a good defender when you're not as strong. Position and stick. That takes care of most of it.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: