Thread: Scrum Method
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 01:48 PM   #29
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I hope you guys don't mind dumb questions.

First of all, at its heart Jira just isn't all that intuitive. But the ability to put together Sprints, scrum boards and Kanban boards is pretty cool to get a snap shot of your projects at a glance.

In terms of building a backlog, I just wanted to confirm

Epic is the entire project?
Story's are breaking down the different backlogs within the entire project, and you can add sub tasks to track completions within the story. So if I add 10 tasks for example to a story and I can check them off to progress and completed Once my story is in progress, and I'll be able to break down steps to completion, and once I complete all subtasks I can complete the story.
Tasks are global outside of the stories, so would they be like global administrative tasks or notes?
Bugs look like they're global to the Epic, I can't find out where I could assign a bug for example to a story.

Are these the right assumptions?

I also didn't see where I could attach a budget to the project or to stories in Jira, am I missing something in the field setup?

When I switch to my view of the Kanban board under classic project, my backlog view vanishes. But when I'm in the Scrum board, I can go to my backlog?

Maybe I'm not smart enough for this.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote