View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 02:22 PM   #2353
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It's not a Peloton, but we purchased a Bowflex (Nautilus) which is considerably less expensive and provides all I need for a workout. However, I can't really comment on it because it hasn't shipped yet. There is up to a ten week wait for shipping. I assume Peloton is similar. London Drugs sells Echelon which I think is also made by Nautilus. It was in stock a couple of weeks ago in Sage Hill.

https://www.bowflex.ca/en-ca/bikes/c...SABEgLfDvD_BwE

The Bowflex is compatible with all of the apps like Peloton and Zwift. My wife will probably subscribe to Peloton but I just make my own routines up and listen to my own tunes.

I normally wouldn't consider the indoor bike for purchase because my work gym has a few Keisers (and I mostly box in the winter). But the gym is now closed until who knows when and I have this heart issue to deal with as well, so we bought the Bowflex.

For my cardiac rehab, the Doc wants me to engage in more steady state intensity cardio in a specific heart rate zone. Right now, I do boxing workouts with a heavy bag and while it's my favorite type of workout, it is more interval training and doesn't provide me a long session of moderate intensity in a specific heart rate zone. I don't enjoy running/jogging and I could possibly get the moderate intensity while cycling, but not in the winter months.Even in the summer months, my cycling is more interval training than steady state anyway.