View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 04:36 AM   #2348
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
If the bars are too low and too much of a reach you can usually move your seat forward, get a higher rise stem, shorter stem, or even riser road bars now. That might buy you an extra 2” of height on the front end.
Just fix it properly and get a fork. By time you get a stem and bars you'll need new cabling and housing ( generally) plus labour your out more than a high quality steel fork. Even if you get a new fork tho the stem may still be to much and the bars reach may still be too much. Take your time and get a new bike that works for you .

My advice save those Penny's and get a new bike that works for you. You can get good deals on used bikes but only the most experienced riders usually get them( deals) The reach doesn't work for you but you havnt checked drivetrain wear or anything else by the sounds of it. Lota of decent road entry bikes now says at 1400. Usually Claris equipped which is a bummer ( warranty
issues 2 + years) but at least you know everything is tip top shape.

Like you said previously If you want some advice I'm more than happy to help through p.m. The last 4 bikes and trikes I've sold have been to Simon Whitfield. I've also been wrenching on his bikes for a while now (seems happy with my work) so I may be ok to help you if you can't make it into a shop locally.

The offer goes to all here. Because I work in a well respected shop in Victoria I've been able to cater to many high end bikers like whitfeild, hesjedal etc. Alot of them retire in canadas cycling capital or long term stay and they choose us .

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 01-06-2021 at 05:01 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to combustiblefuel For This Useful Post: