View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 12:32 PM   #32
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendone View Post
Interesting take. Its close with reasonable parking and some fun runs. We can get there in an hour, ski from 9:00-1:00 with reasonable lift lines, then get out when the hoards flood out of the lodge after their lunch, and be home by 2:00. Pretty fun with minimal driving. Is it a “big” hill, no, but a pretty fun outing.
I don't know what it is. It's like the Ambein of mountains for me. I get there and I just want to curl up and go to sleep. Sort of a depressing little place with old everything. Tree runs are pitiful. Everyone looks sad. All the runs are so condensed onto the one face so it feels claustrophobic. I mean, you have chairs going over top of other chairs. They couldn't spread out a little?

I'd rather ride COP than Nakiska.

If I'm heading out to the mountains, I drive past the Nakiska turn, the Norquay turn, and go on to Louise. Usually I'll do Sunshine a couple times, but Louise is freaking awe inspiring. Sunshine is beautiful, too.

The effort of going for me is in loading up the car and in gearing up. The drives I enjoy. If I'm on the highway, what's going another hour to Louise versus Nakiska? Best-case scenario you can have an okay day at Nakiska. Best-case scenario at Sunshine or Louise you have a magically memorable day. Worst-case scenario at Nakiska is the day is so crappy you just hate everyone and everything on your way home. Worst-case scenario at Louise is you have a super fun day even if it falls short of being magical.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post: