View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 03:30 PM   #54
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
On Toyota Camrys... there's this "feature" where if the tire spins a little bit, it kills power (throttle disabled or something) to the vehicle for almost a full second. This is annoying as hell in general, but I was also trained to do evasive maneuvers when driving, not hope the car comes to an uneventful stop in the middle of the road or whatever. It also triggers if I accelerate a little stronger from a stop.

Any ideas on what specific thing I can research which can be done to reduce this to something less than half a second to quarter of a second, like a normal vehicle (aside from turning off the traction control)? I've done a ton of research and read a ton on different Toyota forums and seen nothing aside from people just slapping mods to their Camry for more power and noticing it less. I don't know what I should be looking for solution wise.

Sliver's throttle thing looks neat, but I wonder if there's something more "default" or less expensive than that that can be done? I'm pretty sure the throttle kill "safety function" thing is more of a software thing.
What psycho modifies a Camry?

(I’ve got no suggestions for your problem except ‘turn off the traction control’, sorry!)
GreenLantern2814 is offline   Reply With Quote