View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 11:51 PM   #36
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

when my wife and i had our house built we took over when the walls were mudded and the floors were just plywood. my dad and i finished the interior of the house. painted all the walls, did all the casings and trims around the doors and windows, did all the hardwood, did our first staircase and staircase rail (i'm still super proud of that) and did some of the easier tiling. we also built most of the stuff in my games room - pool table, the little bar, the corner unit where the tv/fireplace is, all the picture frames and jersey frames. we also installed all the light fixtures. we also did all the landscaping and retaining walls. it was a ton of work and took quite a while but it's cool to look around my place and just have all those great memories to reflect on.

Spoiler!

this past long weekend (family day was this past monday for us in bc) my wife wanted to change up the mud room.

she sent me this for what she wanted...

our mud room hadn't changed since we finished the house - so it looked like this....

after the long weekend it looked like this.... but i need to say something... my wife wanted 'a part in the build' so i told her she was responsible for getting the hooks. i didn't care what hooks she got, just get hooks she'd be happy with. and this is how it looks now....

my wife thought the arrow was a little much and did call me a dork when i took a jacket to the phantom hook spot and then dropped the jacket to the floor! ha! ha!

we plan on getting a couple of pics of our kids for the frames

overall i'm really happy with how it turned out.... and i'm going to home depot tomorrow to get the final hook.